The MLB Hall of Famer Who Shepherds Families Through Grief
Major League Baseball superstar Andre Dawson was known as "The Hawk" in a stellar 21-season career with the Expos, Cubs and more. But, Dawson didn't know what life after pro ball would look like. Today, the Hall of Famer - who brought legions of fans to their feet in his day - owns and operates a funeral home in Florida. It's an unexpected turn for a famous athlete, but get to know him - as ESPN's Peter Keating did - and you see how Dawson's unflagging spirit on the field translates to a life shepherding families through grief. Keating tells us about Dawson's work, including what it's like to bury members of his community amid the pandemic.
Lincoln Riley on the Message to His Players Amidst Civil Unrest, the Pandemic, Coaching Quarterbacks
Lincoln Riley joins David Pollack and Kevin Negandhi to discuss the message to his players following the death of George Floyd and protests across the country, bringing players back to campus during a pandemic, getting players back up to speed without spring practice, and his success coaching quarterbacks. Later, David and Kevin talk about what to expect from Oklahoma in the fall and if they can make it back to the College Football Playoff.
Most Recent Podcasts
Up Out The Paint & Civil Rights Lawyer Carl E. Douglas
Bomani Jones weighs in on problematic words from Drew Brees' in an interview with Yahoo! Finance (1:15) and a misstep from Florida State head football coach Mike Norvell (20:05). He underscores how long the road is for both of them to maintain the trust of their teams. Plus, civil rights lawyer Carl E. Douglas joins the show (26:08) to discuss the country's history with policing and why George Floyd's murder has created this moment (26:23).
Snoop Dogg Joins J&J
Spend your afternoon with Jalen & Jacoby as Snoop Dogg stops by. The guys will discuss Drew Brees' apology, the role of athletes and entertainers in bringing change to society, the biggest threat to the Lakers and who Snoop wants to face in a "Verzuz" battle. You won't want to miss this.
- Spend your afternoon with Jalen & Jacoby as they discuss the role athletes play in social justice as protests spread in the wake of George Floyds death.
- Atlanta's Lloyd Pierce and Utah's Quin Snyder join The Woj Pod to discuss the NBA coach's association response and plan of action in the wake of continued racial injustices, Pierce's leadership in the civil rights bastion of Atlanta, Snyder on the responsibility of white coaches to impact change, and much more.
- Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser discuss the various protests over the weekend, Lockhart's criticism of the NFL, the MLB season and much more.
- Adam is joined by ESPN's Marcus Spears to talk about what is going on in our country today. (2:22) Then, Adam talks with the NFL's Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Allen Sills, who says he is absolutely optimistic we will be playing football in 2020. (29:30)
- Rachel Nichols, Kendrick Perkins and Brian Windhorst discuss the NBA world reacting to the nationwide protests and activism. Plus, a conversation with Hawks' coach Lloyd Pierce and more NBA topics.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
Answering The Bell
Ariel Helwani's MMA Show
Around the Rim
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich
Down & Distance
ESPN On Ice with Wyshynski and Kaplan
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
FiveThirtyEight: Hot Takedown
Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy
Le Batard & Friends - Mystery Crate
Le Batard & Friends - South Beach Sessions
Le Batard & Friends - STUpodity
Marty Smith's America The Podcast
Matty & The Caddie
Sorry in Advance...The Golic Family Podcast
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
The Adam Schefter Podcast
The Bill Barnwell Show
The College Football Podcast With Herbie & Pollack
The Lowe Post
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.